Pink Sweets: Ibara Sorekara
Pink Sweets was later ported to the XBox 360 in 2011, as a double-pack of Muchi Muchi Pork & Pink Sweets.
Pink Sweets is a 2-button game in normal play, with an 8 directional joystick for movement.
- Not shooting will build up your Shield and charge your Rose Cracker. 142 frames after the last regular Shot from your ship, the Rose Cracker Gauge is fully charged.
- A: 1) Fires your Shot & Rose Hips. However, pressing the button fast enough will raise the internal autofire rate; 2) In case your Rose Cracker Gauge is fully charged, you will additionally release a Rose Cracker.
- B (press): Cycles through your Rose Hip Formations, if you have any collected on your current life. Cycling between: Forward, Wide, Back, Reverse & Turn in that order.
- B (hold): Fires your Rose Hips only.
- A+B (press): 1) Changes your speed; 2) The current charge of the Rose Cracker Gauge is cancelled.
1) Rose Cracker Gauge. When fully charged you'll be able to release a Rose Cracker
2) Speed meter. There are 4 different levels of speed
3) Internal auto-fire rate (#10, #12, #15, #20, #30)
Each character has 4 different sub-types to choose from. These types usually have slightly different attacks from Shot Level 1 onwards. Shot Level 0 is the same for each type. The types are decided by which button you press when you select a character: A, B, A+B, and Start.
The 4 types of each character and their Rapid Shot as well as their Wide Shot at Shot Level 3 are as follows.
There are four levels of speed you can switch to by pressing A+B anywhere in the game. In terms of speed, Meidi&Midi and Shasta are both faster than Kasumi and Lace. The speed values in the table below are measured by counting the frames it takes to cross the screen horizontally. Therefore, a high value corresponds to a slower speed and a low value to a faster speed.
|Speed 0||Speed 1||Speed 2||Speed 3|
There are two separate settings determining the rank in Pink Sweets. Difficulty 1 determines only the starting rank and has no further effect on the gameplay. After the player has started a run, the rank is then gradually increasing determined by difficulty 2, which is the per frame rank increase.
|Difficulty 1 (starting rank)||in dec (hex)|
|Super Easy||16,252,928 (F80,000)|
|Very Easy||15,728,640 (F00,000)|
|Normal [default]||14,680,064 (E00,000)|
|Very Hard||13,631,488 (D00,000)|
|Super Hard||13,107,200 (C80,000)|
|Difficulty 2 (per frame rank)|
|Minimum Slow||4 (4)|
|Very Slow||8 (8)|
|Medium [default]||16 (10)|
|Very Fast||24 (18)|
|Maximum Fast||28 (1C)|
- Rank maxes out at 00,000,000 (000,000 in hex) regardless of the difficulty settings.
- Starting rank for Score Attack mode is the same as on Normal.
- Starting rank for Extended mode is 11,010,048 (A80,000 in hex) on loop 1 and 8,257,536 (7E0,000 in hex) on loop 2 on default settings.
Both the overall rank and the per frame rank are influenced by certain actions of the player, e.g. firing your Shot or picking up an item. All of the actions that have an effect on rank are listed in the tables below. Even though, an increase in difficulty is actually measured by a decreasing rank counter, the numbers below are listed as if the rank counter would count up. This is simply to make things easier to follow.
|Action||Rank increase in dec (hex)|
|Death from 0 lives > Game Over||-2,097,152 (-200,000)|
|Death from 1 life > 0 lives||-1,048,576 (-100,000)|
|Death from 2 lives > 1 life||-524,288 (-80,000)|
|Death from 3 lives > 2 lives||-262,144 (-40,000)|
|Death from 4 lives > 3 lives||-131,072 (-20,000)|
|Death from 5 lives > 4 lives||-65,536 (-10,000)|
|Death while on infinite lives||-1,048,576 (-100,000)|
|Death during Score Attack mode||-524,288 (-80,000)|
|Speed Change||16,384 (4,000)|
|Formation Change||4,096 (1,000)|
|Absorb a bullet w/ Shield or RC||16 (10)|
|Shoot a destructible bullet||16 (10)|
|Seal a bullet||1,024 (400)|
- Simply pressing the A or B button has no effect on rank. It is only the action that counts.
- Grazing enemy bullets has no effect on rank.
- Absorbing enemy lasers with your Rose Cracker has no effect on rank.
|Action||Per Frame Rank increase in dec (hex)|
|Shot Special Power Up||1 (1) [permanent]|
|Search Formation||1 (1) [permanent]|
|Rose Hip equipped (per Rose Hip)||10 (A)|
|Rose Cracker Gauge fully charged||64 (40)|
- The per frame rank increase from activating Shot Special Power Up and Search Formation stays even after the player dies or unequips them.
|Item||Rank increase in dec (hex)|
|100~900 Medals||256 (100)|
|1,000~9,000 Medals||1,024 (400)|
|10,000 Medal||4,096 (1,000)|
|100pt. Rose Item||256 (100)|
|200pt. Rose Item||512 (200)|
|400pt. Rose Item||768 (300)|
|800pt. Rose Item||1,024 (400)|
|Power Up Item||16,384 (4,000)|
|Rose Hip Item||16,384 (4,000)|
|1-Up Item||524,288 (80,000)|
- Dropping a medal has no effect on rank.
|Attack||Rank increase in dec (hex)|
|Any character, Shot (power Level 0)||5 (5)|
|Rose Hip Shot||10 (A)|
|Rose Cracker||32,768 (8,000)|
|Meidi&Midi, Twin Shot||5 (5)|
|Kasumi, Napalm||20 (14)|
|Kasumi Homing||15 (F)|
|Shasta, Laser (per frame)||6 (6)|
|Lace, Lightning (per beam)||60 (3C)|
Enemy point values
- Main article: Pink Sweets: Ibara Sorekara/Enemy list
- Primary info provided by Pearl and Plasmo
- All item sprites taken from CAVE's official website https://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/pinksweets/system/item.html
- Rank info from Archer's website: http://archerstg.web.fc2.com/pinksweets/bitterrank.htm