Guwange was the last game developed by Cave for their 1st gen hardware.
It was originally released in the arcades in 1999, and later ported to Xbox 360.
A variation of the game with altered scoring system called "Special Version" or "Blue Label" exists. It is a simple rom swap on PCB, and available in the 360 port.
Guwange is a vertical shooter with a walking character and levels scrolling both vertically and horizontally.
- A (Press): Shot.
- A (Hold): "Shikigami" attack.
- B: Bomb
- When holding B after bombing, you can move the stick to control the direction of the bomb.
- C: A Auto-fire if enabled in the game's test menu.
Shishin : Dude with mask
- -- Shot can be aimed left/right a bit when moving.
- -- Average movement speed
Shishin: Girl with wolf
- -- Shots fire straight
- -- Fast movement speed
- -- Shikigami attack leave napalm trails
Gensuke: Dude with glasses
- -- Shots are wide but straight
- -- Slow movement speed
There are three types of health pickups. - Small: Restores some health in the current health bar. - Medium: Restores one full health bar. - Large: Restores all health.
Destroy the biggest statue first at the end of the horizontally scrolling section (small health pickup)
Destroy the midboss with shikigami attack (medium health pickup)
Destroy the tank before the boss (small health pickup)
On the spider section, killing spiders will grant health pickups. First a small, then a medium and then a large assuming enough spiders are killed.
Each cart at the section towards the end grants a small health pickup.
The right three at the first phase of the boss gives a medium health pickup.