Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Release date:||Arcade: August 13, 2010
Xbox 360: May 26, 2011 (JP)
May 15, 2012 (NA,EU)
Switch, PS4, Steam, Xbox One: December 15, 2022
|Previous game:||DoDonPachi DaiFukkatsu Black Label|
|Next game:||DoDonPachi SaiDaiOuJou|
Akai Katana is a side scrolling shooter developed by Cave.
Console Release Notes
- Physical Release? - Yes
- Region Locked? - Yes
- Arranged Modes - Yes: 'Akai Katana Climax', 'Akai Katana Slash'. 'Origin' and 'Slash' modes also have 'Novice' versions.
- Online Leaderboards? - Yes
- Tate Option? - n/a Hori
- Original Arcade Graphics - Yes in 'Origin Mode' (and Xbox 360 can be forced to output 4:3 ratio at 480p)
- Internal Scanlines Generator: No (T_T)
- Graphical Filters: Smoothing On/Off
- Training mode - Yes
- Save States - Yes - see below:
- Turn on Replay Saving in the options - In 'Training' mode, configure the options for the start of your chosen level (or you can record a full run outside training mode) - Commence your run. DO NOT CONTINUE and DO NOT RESTART as this will prevent Replay saving. - At the end of the run, save it to Replays. - You can now watch the replay, fast forward to the part you want to practice AND TAKE OVER CONTROL at any point by pressing the 'BACK'/SELECT button. - If you take over control and do not continue/restart, you can save this new run to a separate slot. You now have 2 saved runs that you can practice from.
- Training Mode Configuration:
- Level Select - Yes - Customise Resources - Yes, all. - Save multiple sets of training configurations - Yes - Boss Fight Select - No (but can access from Replays) - Mid Boss Fight Select - No (but can access from Replays) - Save Training Run Replays - Yes
- Replay Mode - Yes (& can download high scoring replays from Leaderboards)
- Replay Options:
- Can slow playback to 1/2 speed. - Can take control of the ship during the replay & continue playing.