∀kashicverse -Malicious Wake-
Current State of this page
General information about ∀kashicverse is present. Pictures, strategy section, version/ release history and story are all missing. Information about Alternative Argument and Pandemonic Nightmare are also missing.
∀kashicverse -Malicious Wake-
∀kashicverse is a doujin bullet hell developed by Endless Shirafu initially released in 2012. The latest version of the game released on Steam in 2020. The gameplay revolves around using special attacks (Methods) which the player can use through directional inputs. The story follows Ageha as she fights her fellow ‘Orchids’ and Malicious Wake.
∀kashicverse uses four buttons: shot, shield, method input and a slow movement button. Unique to this game are methods, special attacks that can be used through directional inputs similar to fighting games
- Z: Fires a normal shot. Uses a Methods (Version 1)
- X: Toggles Shield to be on or off
- C: Either allows a method to be inputted (Version 1) or uses a method based on prior inputs (Version 2). If Shift is held and this button pressed then bullet in a small area are slowed. For Version 1 this small area deployed whilst the player is inputting a method.
- Shift: Slow Movement.
- Dread Scissors (1 Method Gauge) : Unleashes a short-range melee pincer attack right in front of you. Click the method button twice to unleash Dread Scissors Act: 2.
- Dread Scissors Act:2 (1 Method Gauge): Unleashes a short-range melee pincer attack right in front of you. Has a slightly wider range than Dread Scissors Act:1.
- Annihilator: Chaser (2 Method Gauge): Fires a homing laser that destroys most enemies. Click the method button twice to use Annihilator: Stinger, and press the method button three times to use Annihilator: Seed.
- Annihilator: Stinger (1 Method Gauge): Automatically target the nearest enemy in front of the player and then fires missiles towards that position.
- Annihilator: Seed (2 Method Gauge): Fires several homing bits that stay on the screen for couple of second to damage enemies. At the end several bits will fire lasers.
- Menace Rejector (2 Method Gauge): Powers up your main shot. Your main shot now slows bullets in front of you and eventually fires them back to the enemy.
- Banish Blast (3 Method Gauge): Fires a weak bomb. You are invincible throughout the duration of this method.
- Attractant Other (3 Method Gauge): Creates a decoy. Bullets that are aimed are instead fired to the decoy, and the decoy absorbs the bullet. The decoy fires absorbed bullets back to the enemy. Once its HP reaches 0 or the timer runs out the decoy explodes clearing bullets.
- Jaunted Driver (4 Method Gauge): Upon using this method are reticule appears. Pressing the method button again teleports you to that location doing massive damage between both locations. The player is invincible for a short time after inputting this method.
- Danger Prognosis (4 Method Gauge): Creates a giant area around the player that slows all enemy bullets and shows trajectory inside. It can also be used to block out lasers. Once this method ends all bullets inside the circle are fire out into the opposite direction that they were heading. You can end this method prematurely by inputting Banish Blast.
- Eliminator (7 Method Gauge + 1 Eliminator Stock): Turns the player into a invincible robot (Eliminator) that gains 4 new methods, one for each button. The Eliminator can only be used it is charged up, as shown in a % in the button right. Subsequent Eliminators take longer to charge up. Damage the eliminator takes reduces the time the player can spend in this form.
∀kashicverse uses a toggle-able shield inside of lives. When the shield is up the player can take multiple hits without dying. In ∀nother and ∀kashic mode the game ends if the player gets hit when the shield is down. The shield recharges overtime, the recharge is faster when the shield is down. When the shield is down the character gains two ‘wings’. Any bullets the pass through the wings increase the method gauge. The player gains 10x more ‘rate’ when the shield is down. At 0% the shield breaks and the player need to wait for the shield to recharge to 50% for the shield to be deployed again.
∀kashicverse has three different difficulties: ∀dvent, ∀nother, ∀kashic. ∀sterism is an additional toggle for all these modes which changes boss behaviour. Asterism gets removed if a continue is used.
- ∀dvent: The easiest of the three difficulties. You unlock this mode after the first continue/ game over (UNCONFIRMED). Enemies fire the same pattern as in Another Mode, the main difference between Advent and Another Mode is the strength of the shield.
In Advent the shield starts at 500%, every 100% loss of the shield clears the screen of bullets, the player gains some invincibility frames and gains some method gauges. The shield gauge recovery rate is faster in this mode and you gain more energy if bullets graze your wings. If the player gets hit whilst the Shield is not deployed and the player is at 150% or more shield gauge then 250% of the shield gauge gets consumed and the game continues.
- ∀nother Mode: The regular mode. The shield starts at 100%, every 50% the shield clears the screen of bullets, the player gains some invincibility frames and gains some method gauges (4 gauges at 50%, 8 gauges at 0%).
- ∀kashic mode: The hard mode. In this mode bullets are faster and boss patterns change to become harder. Most enemies fire suicide bullets if killed by a normal shot.
Scoring in ∀kashicverse focuses on getting a high rate and then killing high value enemies with the right scoring method. The formular is enemy value x rate x method multiplier. Below the you can find the method multiplier for each method. Dread Scissors: 4x to 6x. Around the blade, 4X. Centre of the blade, 6x
- Annihilator Chaser: 2x
- Annihilator Stinger: 3x
- Banish Blast: 2x
- Attractant Other: 2x if killed by decoy's bullets, 3x if killed by the decoys bullets fired from the back of the decoy. 4x if killed by decoy explosion
- Jaunted Driver: Between 4x to 20x, determined by distance between character's current position and reticle. Placing the reticle directly over your hitbox creates something very close to a 20x multiplier.
- Danger Prognosis: Between 3x to 16x. 3x if you time-out the field, 16x if you cancel it immediately after casting. Number of reflected bullets also affects this score. Enemies killed with the field have a multiplier of 4x.
- Blitz Lancer: 10x
- Instant Punishment: 12x
- Velvet Mutilation: 14x
- Fatal Disaster: 20x
See (Template Page)/Strategy for stage maps, enemy and boss descriptions, walkthroughs, and advanced play strategies.
This section details some particular strategic information about the game and its gameplay, such as hidden 1UPs and some basic scoring tricks. For anything particularly deep or highly complex, you can probably leave it in the Strategy page.
(Currently evaluating whether or not this specific section should even include information outside of the separated Strategy pages. Worth thinking about as a community.)
Basic story breakdowns, plot information, and endings are included here.
If there is no story at all, or any information about the setting, then this section can be omitted. Try to include at least small things here when you can.
If available, you can include information here about the hardware, the development of the game, and its general reception. Try to have as much information in this section cited as possible.
- Include information here about differences in a game between various versions. This includes regional differences, patch updates/bugfixes, and the like.
- ∀kashicverse features references to many different shmups. For example: Cho Ren Sha, Darius, Hellsinker, Dodonpachi and Space Invaders!
See (Template Page)/Gallery for our collection of images and scans for the game.
If the game already has an existing entry in the Video Index, please link to the page here. If you want to link to smaller clips perhaps not included in the Index, you can also leave them here.
We have support for wikitables, giving us the potential to add lots of cool info in a small box on the page somewhere, but we are not using them at the moment. I'm just leaving this here so we can have it handy in case we decide to actually use them. Feel free to not use this section.
|put your stuff here|
References & Contributors
- Scoring rate verified by both Saint Mauve (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyYPviD8qts) and いくえ (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2377453487)
- Written by GalactaRay [[User:(GalactaRay)|(GalactaRay)]]
- If you are a primary source of information for a game, be sure to link to your Shmup Wiki user account by including a link to your profile, such as: [[User:(You)|(Your Name)]]
- And while you're at it, make yourself a little profile page (if you want, of course)! As a contributor, you deserve to be recognized for your efforts.